Located in downtown Chicago, Questia is the premier online research and paper writing resource. Since its founding in 1998, Questia has helped students find and cite high-quality, scholarly research. With emphasis on subjects related to the humanities and social sciences, Questia provides the resources needed to complete most college-level, core-curriculum course assignments.
The Questia library contains books and journal articles on subjects such as history, philosophy, economics, political science, English and literature, anthropology, psychology, and sociology. It also includes magazine and newspaper articles.
In January 2010, Questia was acquired by Cengage Learning, the leading provider of innovative teaching, learning, and research solutions for professional, library, and academic audiences worldwide. Since then, Questia's library has continued to grow, and advanced tools for research and writing have been fine-tuned to meet the needs of the academic community. Today, more students are using Questia than ever before.
Questia at a glance
- More than 500,000 students have used Questia since its launch.
- Experienced, on-staff librarians hand-select the books and periodicals offered.
- More than 78,000 online books from reputable commercial and academic presses.
- More than 9 million quality, citable journal, newspaper and magazine articles.
- Organizational and paper-writing tools to help you manage your research and automatically generate footnotes and bibliographies.
- Research tutorials consisting of videos, PDF examples, and quizzes designed to help students write better research papers.
- Instructors can select and assign students readings and/or research tutorials for writing a research paper to complete for their coursework.
This saved my life in college...Thank you.