By Sarah Moore, Maura Murphy
How to be a student helps tackle the challenges and opportunities associated with life at university and college. 100 actionable ideas, strategies and tactics help you to make the most of your time, including: - Turning up to your lectures and what to do while you're there
- Knowing what plagiarism is and learning to develop belief in your own voice
- Making presentations with confidence and style
- Being more creative
- Spotting signs that you need to take a break
- Dealing with boredom
- Preventing small obstacles from becoming big problems
- Not letting money issues get in the way
- Remembering (people thought that) Einstein was a slow learner
- Treating your CV as a working document
And much more!
Drawing from the real experiences of students, this book presents ideas and suggestions that you can use to enhance your time at university and to improve the quality of your learning life.