By Magi Sque, Sheila Payne
- What is the historical and social context that shapes our attitudes towards organ and tissue donation?
- How do the bereavement experiences of organ donor families differ from other types of bereavement?
- How can health and social care professionals support bereaved families leading up to, during and after organ and tissue donation?
Key areas covered include:
- Examination of the historical development of human dissection and how it created a context for legislation
- Analysis of how human organ and tissue donation is currently understood
- The social theories that help explain the donation event and families' and health professionals' experiences of it