By Pat Cryer
The core material in Professor Cryer's previous editions is classic. I welcome this new edition setting it into current contexts. - PhD supervisor
When I was doing my own PhD, Pat Cryer's book was my constant reference companion. Now I am recommending her latest edition to my own students. - PhD supervisor
Insightful, wide-ranging and accessible, this is an invaluable tool for postgraduate research students and for students at all levels working on research projects, irrespective of their field of study.
This edition has been thoroughly revised to accommodate the changes in postgraduate education over recent years. Additional material and new emphases take into account:
- the QAA Code of Practice for Postgraduate Research Programmes
- recommendations of the Roberts Review
- the needs of the growing number of 'overseas' research students
- employment issues (including undergraduate teaching)
- the Internet as a resource for research.
- developing the research proposal
- succeeding as an 'overseas' research student
- ethics in research
- personal development planning (PDP)