- Christine Kerkemeyer of Arlington Heights was awarded a master's degree in education from the College of Education at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, in December 2002.
- Amy Leiman, daughter of Burt and Joanne Leiman of Rolling Meadows, graduated Dec. 21 from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind., with a bachelor's degrees in both political science and creative writing. Her minor was Spanish for both degrees. She is currently employed by the Purdue University Writing Lab. Leiman is a graduate of Fremd High School.
- Danae Neuner of Rolling Meadows was named to the dean's list for the spring term at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I. She is majoring in baking & pastry arts.
- Elliott Riebman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hyman I. Riebman of Arlington Heights, received a bachelor's degree May 12 from Emory College, the undergraduate, liberal arts college of Emory University in Atlanta. He was also named to the dean's list for the spring semester for achieving at least a 3.892 or higher grade point average.
- Roksana Kowalski of Arlington Heights, a graduate of Ridgewood High School, was named to the dean's list for the spring semester at Dominican University in River Forest. She is a junior majoring in psychology
- Sandra Claire Tolzien, daughter of Wayne and Bernadine Tolzien of Arlington Heights, has accepted membership in Golden Key Society and was individually honored during a recent campus ceremony at Illinois State University, Normal. She is a 2000 graduate of Hersey High School.
- Mark S. Nowak of Arlington Heights received a doctorate in electrical engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, at the Dec. 14 commencement ceremonies.
- Sheila Krahl of Arlington Heights, a graduate of Willows Academy, was named to the dean's list for the spring semester at Dominican University in River Forest. She is a junior majoring in psychology.
- Daniel P. Ahern, son of Thomas and Patricia Ahern of Arlington Heights, was inducted into Tau Beta Pi, the nation's second oldest honor society, at the Marquette University Fall Honors Convocation Nov. 21 in Milwaukee. Juniors in the top eighth of the engineering class are eligible for consideration.
Ahern is majoring in electrical engineering at Marquette and is a 2000 graduate of Buffalo Grove High School.
- Ryan Neil Hagglund, son of Neil and Priscilla Hagglund of Arlington Heights, graduated from the University of Chicago in June with a doctorate in the study of virology. He was a Howard Hughes Medical Institute predoctoral fellow in biological sciences, a high honor for a science graduate student. …