Magazine article Information Today , Vol. 12, No. 2
Dow Jones Business Information Services will be a major provider of business news and financial information on eWorld, the interactive online service from Apple Computer, Inc. Breaking news stories, published articles, and customized information from the publishers of The Wall Street Journal will be available in eWorld's Business and Finance Plaza in the first quarter of 1995.
The Dow Jones area includes the following categories:
* Front Page Business News--the day's major business, corporate, and economic stories
* Inside Business News--stories on major corporations and other noteworthy corporate news
* Market Updates & News--periodic trading updates on the nation's financial markets plus the market news, analysis, and commentary
* Company & Industry News--up to 30 days' worth of news selectable by industry, company, or topic
* Daily Dow Jones Newsletters--concise, timely summaries to help readers stay current on significant news on technology, Asia, Europe, and around the world
* Editor's Choice--selected articles on such topics as personal technology, careers, personal finance, and special international coverage
The following Dow Jones services are available to eWorld customers for an additional fee:
* Dow Jones Corporate Reports--offering the most authoritative and comprehensive source of company information and financial data
* Dow Jones Custom Clips--an electronic clipping service that delivers customized business news stories on competitors, customers, clients, prospects, or vendors.
"eWorld provides a terrific opportunity for Dow Jones to present information in an innovative environment. Plus, it allows us to give the small business and home users--the core of the eWorld community--a way to sample the broad range of information resources we can provide," said Josephine Ottman, director of product marketing for Dow Jones Business Information Services. …