Newspaper article The Mirror (London, England)
Byline: By STEPHEN WHITE
A BOY with a severe nut allergy has been banned from classes because he is considered a health and safety hazard.
George Hall-Lambert, 11, had just started secondary school when his mum was called in and asked to take him home.
She was told he was a risk as there were no policies in place to deal with nut allergies.
Now George is having to be taught at home until the problem has been sorted out.
Furious mum Judith, 37, said: "I'm absolutely appalled. It's a shambles.
"The headteacher said the school needed to carry out a risk assessment and an analysis of George's situation. If he went back now they say he'd be a health and safety risk.
"He's a bright kid and this could really set back his education."
George has been taught to use an Epipen - an injection of adrenaline - which he carries round with him in case he accidentally eats nuts. If the lad, who is also asthmatic and allergic to latex, had a large anaphylactic shock he could become unconscious immediately and need help. …