Byline: Charles Legge
QUESTION The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain has been voted by foreignvisitors Britain's fifth most disappointing tourist attraction.
Which are the others? THIS was the result of a Virgin travel insurance poll ofvisitors, asked to chose their most underwhelming sights from a list of 24possibilities in the UK and 25 overseas.
Their ten most disappointing sites were: 1. Stonehenge'just a load of old rocks'.
2. The Angel of the North 'a Gateshead flasher'.
3. The Blackpool Tower 'a forlorn monument to yesteryear'.
4. Land's End, Cornwall'the ancient Cornish knew what they were doing when they called it the End ofthe Earth'.
5. The Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain'resembles a colourless wet skateboard park'.
6. The London Eye'on dull, rainy days, of which London has many, its slowly revolving view is asfascinating as watching paint dry'.
7. Brighton Pier'slot machines, low-key theme park rides, and fast-food stands ruin a classicEdwardian seaside structure'.
8. Buckingham Palace'the changing of the guard is so crowded that unless you get there hours earlyyour view is …