- Dixie Contract Carpet Inc. has been awarded the following floor installation projects: 27,711 square feet, Blood Alliance, 7595 Centurion Parkway; and 97,205 square feet, 302V Type II Hangar & Aircraft Parking, at naval facility.
- The Winn-Dixie Foundation has donated $80,000 to the St. Vincent Healthcare Foundation. The funds will support St. Vincent's Medical Center's Health Advocate program.
- Amelia Island Plantation was awarded the Gold Key and Gold Tee awards by Meetings & Conventions magazine.
- Basham & Lucas Design Group was recognized with the Award of Merit from the Florida Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects. The group was honored for its Clay County residential community, Eagle Landing.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Florida has named its new officers and board members. Officers are: Tom Dearing, chairman; Robert Hill, vice chairman; Richard Brock, treasurer; and Shaelyn Haag, secretary. Board members are: Roger Strickland, Vickie Cavey, Alison Johnson, Andy Levinson and Juan Diaz.
- Clark Paris has been recognized by MetLife Securities Inc. for his achievements in the investment industry.
- Eclectic Galleries of Jacksonville Beach has been named Best Advertising/Direct Mail Campaign by NICHE magazine. The gallery was honored during the 2008 Top Retailer Awards in Philadelphia.
- Joseph Milton has become the first recipient of the Fran Peacock Coker Community Service Award. The Jacksonville attorney was honored for his leadership as the ABOTA Foundation president in 2006-2007.
- Meetings & Conventions, an international publication for meeting planners, has awarded Visit Jacksonville the 2008 Gold Service Award.
- Nimnicht Chevrolet has received the Circle of Excellence Award for its quality in delivering OnStar-equipped General Motors vehicles.
- Rita Williams' Merchandising Plus was honored with eight AURORA Awards during the 2008 Southeast Building Conference in Orlando.
- Ron Coppenbarger, past president for Northeast Florida Builders Association and Florida Home Builders Association, was elected into the Florida Housing Hall of Fame.
- Several members of the Society for Marketing Professional Services have passed the Certified Professional Services Marketer Exam, including: Emily Carrier, TLC Engineering for Architecture Inc.; Tabitha Collins, Elkins Constructors Inc.; JoAnn Leisher, Taylor Engineering Inc.; Barbara McKinney, Professional Services Consultant; Kristina Olsen, Reynolds, Smith and Hills Inc.; Shari Schurr, Clary & Associates Inc.; and Cary Smith, Fred Wilson & Associates Inc. …