* Acclaimed author Margaret Atwood will present a 70-minute dramatic reading from her new novel, "The Year of the Flood," backed by a troupe of actors and a choir, at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6., at the Merle Reskin Theatre, 60 E. Balbo Ave., Chicago. Tickets cost $20. (312) 922-1999.
* Author and journalist Julia Keller discusses and signs copies of her new young adult fiction title, "Back Home: DadAEs War is Over, But the BattleAEs Just Begun," at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6, at Centuries and Sleuths bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243.
* Juliette Miranda, author of the memoir "Morning Neurosis," discusses, reads from and signs copies of her book from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6, at Barnes and Noble, 590 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg. (847) 310-0450.
* Meet Heather Vogel Frederick, author of the popular "Mother-Daughter Book Club" series, as she discusses and signs copies of the newest title in the series, "Dear Pen Pal," at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6, at the Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880. Vogel Frederick will also discuss and sign copies of "Dear Pen Pal" at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7, at AndersonAEs Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665.
* Meet "Doubleback" author Libby Fischer Hellmann as she discusses and signs copies of her book at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7, at Centuries and Sleuths bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243.
* Meet Kate Jacobs, author of The New York Times best-selling novel "The Friday Night Knitting Club," as she discusses and signs copies of her book at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7, at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. OAEPlaine Road, Gurnee. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Registration is required for the event. (847) 244-5150.
* Author Jeffrey Haas will discuss his new book, "The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther," at 3 p. …