Twelve educators from the suburbs make up of our panel of judges for this year's Academic Team.
* Jill Bauer: In her 12th year as Student Volunteer Program coordinator at Barrington High School. She has a bachelor's degree from the University of Rochester. Bauer serves on the Barrington Giving Day board of directors and as the high school liaison for the local CROP Walk, United Way and Relay For Life.
* Diane Bourn: Finishing her sixth year as college counselor at Prospect High School in Mount Prospect. She has a B.A. in psychology from Northeastern Illinois University, an M.S. in Counseling, and M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from National Louis University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a National Certified Counselor.
* Barbara A. Brennan: A counselor with Community High School District 94 in West Chicago since 2001. She holds a B.A. in psychology and sociology from Eureka College; a B.A. in Education with secondary teaching certificate from Concordia University; and an Educational Leadership Certification from Aurora University.
* Jim Conrey: Coordinator of public information for Adlai E. Stevenson High School District 125 in Lincolnshire. He has worked at Stevenson since 1994 after spending seven years as a journalist. He is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
* Julia Husen: Coordinator of College and Academic Counseling at the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy in Aurora since 2006. She has a B.S. in Education and M.S. Ed. in Counseling. She has been at IMSA since 1992 as a faculty member, an instructional facilitator, and a college and academic counselor.
* Kim Munro: Guidance counselor at Glenbard North High School, she has a bachelor's degree in music from DePauw University, and Master's and Educational Specialist degrees from Northern Illinois University. She has worked in Student Development at Northern Illinois University, Millikin University and Ball State University. She has been a guidance counselor at Geneva High School, St. Charles North High School, and the Glenbards.
* John Novak: Assistant Principal for Student Activities at John Hersey High School, where he has worked for 25 years, the last 10 as assistant principal. …