Vince Anderson, director of the Mesa (Ariz.) Public Library for almost 20 years, has retired.
* Laura-Ellen Ayres is now systems librarian at the Rapides Parish Library in Alexandria, Louisiana.
* January 21 Ronald Beaudrie became media center manager for the Plainview--Old Bethpage (N.Y.) Public Library.
* Karen S. Bowles was recently appointed director of the Stratford (Conn.) Library Association.
* Pamela J. Bailey has been named director of OCLC Pacific.
* January 1 Joseph J. Branin became director of libraries at Ohio State University/Columbus.
* At the State University of New York/Buffalo, Stewart Brower is the new coordinator of information management education services for the health sciences library.
* David E. Carpenter was recently named head of reference at Vanderbilt University's central library in Nashville, Tennessee.
* Sylvia Buckner has been appointed catalog management librarian at the University of North Carolina/ Chapel Hill.
* Teresa Chapa has been chosen Latin American and Iberian resources bibliographer at the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill.
* At Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Nell J. Chenault was recently named head of media resource services at the James Branch Cabell Library.
* Recent appointments at the U.S. Naval Academy's Nimitz Library in Annapolis, Maryland, include Susan T. Dean as head of special collections and archives and Rosemary Dumais as serials cataloger.
* February 25 Lynn Eisenhut became south regional branch manager for the Orange County (Calif.) Public Library.
* Lori Davies is now application support librarian for the Arrowhead Library System in Virginia, Minnesota.
* Jessica J. Fischer recently joined the Swem Library at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, as a reference librarian.
* After 31 years as director of the Scottsbluff (Nebr.) Public Library, Shirley Flack retired January 15.
* Ellen Firer is now reference department manager at the Plainview--Old Bethpage (N.Y.) Public Library.
* Karin Ford has been named library services director at OCLC/ WLN Pacific Northwest Service Center in Lacey, Washington.
* Louise Frechette has begun duties as the first territorial librarian for Nunavut, which became a new Canadian territory April 1, 1999.
* At Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Rachel L. Frick has been appointed assistant head of acquisition services and serials librarian.
* Marilyn Geller has been chosen strategic program manager for Faxon, RoweCom Academic Services, in Westwood, Massachusetts.
* Susan Goodman, earth sciences resource librarian at the Library of Science and Medicine at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, retired in February.
* January 3 D'Anne Harmon assumed duties as director of library development and external relations at Texas Tech University libraries in Lubbock.
* Carmen Hernandez has been named senior librarian for reader's and reference services at the Glendora (Calif.) Public Library.
* February 1 Carol G. Hixson became head of the catalog department at the University of Oregon in Eugene.
* Lynn Holdzkom has been appointed head of technical services for the manuscripts department at the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill.
* D. L. Hobert was recently named director of the East Syracuse (N.Y.) Free Library.
* Mark Hunt, former director of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, wa s recently named director and curator of the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library in Hyde Park. New York.
* Shirley Hyatt has been appointed director of distributed systems for OCLC in Dublin, Ohio.
* Christine Kelly was recently named network/systems librarian at Arkansas …