- Rose M. Howald of Rolling Meadows was awarded a bachelor's degree in individualized study from North Central College, Naperville, at commencement exercises held June 9, 2001.
- Megan M. Hayes of Arlington Heights was awarded a bachelor's degree in marketing from North Central College, Naperville, at the June 9, 2001 commencement exercises.
- Alan David Moses of Arlington Heights has accepted membership in Golden Key International Honour Society and was individually honored during a campus ceremony at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. Golden Key is a non-profit, academic honors organization that provides academic recognition, leadership opportunities, community service, career networking and scholarships.
- Justeen Streich of Arlington Height, a freshman at Lake Forest College, was recently awarded the Deerpath Academic Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded for academic performance to students who were in the top 20 percent of their high school class or maintained a minimum grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale and have upper-range ACT or SAT scores.
Streich is a graduate of Hersey High School.
- Maryann Metz of Arlington Heights has been named to the Columbia (Mo.) College dean's list for early fall 2001.
- Breanne L. Pfrank of Arlington Heights was named to the regular-honors list at Aurora University for the fall term. The regular honors list includes students with a 3.60-3.99 term GPA.
- Diane Brizzolara of Arlington Heights, a freshman at Lake Forest College, was recently awarded the Deerpath Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship is a talent-based scholarship awarded to students who have demonstrated excellent leadership skills. …