* Westinghouse Electric Co. announced the appointment of Richard A. Gabbianelli as vice president, finance.
* United States Steel Corp. announced that Jill E. Ritchie, manager-state governmental affairs, will now be responsible for overseeing the corporation's state and local governmental affairs matters in Indiana and Michigan.
* PPG Industries named Aziz Giga vice president, strategic planning and treasurer, and appointed Kim Edvardsson assistant treasurer.
Banking and finance
National City Corp. announced the appointment of Charles W. Trump Jr. to private banker for its community markets of Fayette, Washington, Westmoreland and Greene Counties. The Private Client Group at National City Corp. announced the appointment of Steve English to market executive for Pittsburgh.
Horovitz, Rudoy & Roteman announced that Steven Brydges joined the firm as a Tax Services Group team member.
Advertising, public relations
Bethany L. Ruhe joined Droz and Associates as the senior public relations associate.
University of Pittsburgh professor Audrey Murrell was named director of the David Berg Center for Ethics & Leadership, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business.
* St. Clair Hospital appointed Darrin J. Mikula director of finance and Cyndi Havrilak director of cardiovascular services.
* Dr. Edgar Sotomayor joined Butler Memorial Hospital as a hematopathologist. Dr. Felice Esposito and Dr. Frank Mino were appointed to the hospital's medical staff and joined Lucien Diagnostic Imaging Inc. as radiologists.
* Cohera Medical Inc. announced the appointment of Chad Coberly as vice president of clinical, regulatory and legal affairs. Cohera formalized its clinical advisory board, which includes: Dr. Peter Rubin, founder and director of the Life After Weight Loss surgical body contouring program at the University of Pittsburgh; Dr. Russell F. Warren, surgeon-in-chief emeritus of the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and Professor of Orthopedics at Weill Medical College of Cornell University; Dr. Richard M. Green, chairman, department of surgery, and co-director, division of peripheral and vascular intervention, at Lenox Hill Hospital; and Dr. Michael Buckley, co-founder of Cohera Medical and co-inventor of the company's core technology. He is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in private practice and serves as the national treasurer of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
* The Persad Center Board of Directors elected: Lenora Angelone, interim vice president for student development, California University of Pennsylvania; Jim Cassaro, head of University of Pittsburgh's Theodore A. Finney Music Library and Frick Fine Arts Library; Deborah Hughes, a financial advisor with Edward Jones Investments; and Arch Pelley, a senior associate with Perkins Eastman.
* TiE Pittsburgh elected D. Raja as chapter president and Ganesh Mani as chapter treasurer. Raja is chief executive officer and co- founder of …