1. What is the word for a Roman military officer in charge of one hundred men?
2. What is the name for a Turkish or Arab sword with a curved blade that broadens out as it nears the point and a British car much beloved by Princess Anne and George Michael?
3. What links Philip II of France, Frederick Barbarossa of Germany, Richard I of England, Mary Whitehouse and the Daily Express?
4. Who did Queen Dick succeed as English ruler?
5. What name links the man who sang "Hello Muddah Hello Faddah" and the brothers who wrote the songs for the film Mary Poppins?
6. What is the name for a black leopard, similar to a puma?
7. What name …