THE PURPOSE OF THE CONFERENCE WAS;
* To explore the potential role for Business Studies and Economics teachers in delivering the new Citizenship curriculum.
* To illustrate how global and ethical issues can be integrated into the everyday teaching and learning of Business Studies and Economics.
* To increase teachers awareness of global and economic issues.
* To develop strategies to involve students in thinking about matters of equity, fairness and justice.
* To increase knowledge of sources of material and the support structures that exist to assist teachers who wish to develop their teaching in these areas.
The event was attended by …