The AFT proudly endorses Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination, based on her ability to advance our nation's priorities and her record and positions on concerns important to our members.
* Roll back the current tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and redirect those funds to help strengthen our middle class.
* Create tax incentives to encourage the creation of good jobs.
* End tax loopholes that encourage production facilities and jobs to be moved overseas.
* Ensure that trade policies work for average Americans. Trade policies must raise our standard of living, and they must have strong protections for workers and the environment.
* Tie the minimum wage to congressional pay increases; if members of Congress deserve an increase in their salaries, the hard-working men and women at the lower end of the income distribution do as well.
Union and Workplace Rights
* Support the right of all workers to organize and bargain collectively-in both the public and private sectors.
* Appoint people to the U.S. Department of Labor who are truly pro-labor; and appoint pro-worker members to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) who will use their authority to strengthen workers' protections.
* Press for congressional approval of the Employee Free Choice Act, which will level the playing field between workers and employers as well as ensure that employees will not be unfairly punished for attempting to unionize.
* Support the card-check process, which requires majority sign-up, as the most effective way to protect employees' freedom to form a …