By Gerald R. McDermott
SynopsisThis is a study of how American theologian Jonathan Edwards (1703-58) battled deist arguments about revelation and God's fairness to non-Christians. Author Gerald McDermott argues that Edwards was preparing before his death a sophisticated theological response to Enlightenment religion that was unparalleled in the eighteenth century and surprisingly generous toward non-Christian traditions.
- Christianity and Other Religions--History--18th Century
- Deism--History--18th Century
- Revelation--History of Doctrines--18th Century
- Edwards, Jonathan, 1703-1758--Contributions in Relations of Christianity and Other Religions
- Edwards, Jonathan, 1703-1758--Contributions in Theology of Revelation
- Apologetics--United States--History--18th Century