The work of physicians with individuals and communities. Epidemiology and other partners in evidence-based medicine
Think what is feasible and you will be amazed what is probable.
From the TV show 'Doc'
• If it's green or wiggles, it's biology
• If it stinks, it's chemistry
• If it does not work, it's physics
• If it's people-gazing, it's epidemiology
• If it has nothing to do with those nasty and pesky numbers, it's qualitative research
• If it's all business, it's health economics
• If it justifies perpetuating other people's mistakes, it's evidence-based medicine
(Partly from a variety of sources)
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Book title: Foundations of Evidence-Based Medicine.
Contributors: Milos Jenicek - Author.
Publisher: Parthenon Publishing.
Place of publication: New York.
Publication year: 2002.
Page number: 15.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may
not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.