THE POSTAL SERVICE
(BY THE CZECHOSLOVAK MINISTRY OF POSTS AND TELEGRAPHS)
Immediately after the proclamation of the independence of Czechoslovakia, the administration of the posts, telegraphs and telephones took steps to organize the service in accordance with the new conditions. This task was not an easy one, for it meant the reorganization of the old system and the establishment of a new central administration which would have jurisdiction over all the postal, telephone and telegraph communications.
By the law of November 13, 1918, a Ministry of Posts and Telegraphs was established. The Ministry has direct control over six district bureaus of posts and telegraphs--in Prague , Pardubice, Brno, Opava, Bratislava and Košice. The Košice bureau is in charge of the branch office in Beregsas. The district bureaus have supervision over the postal and telegraph offices, building offices and of postal bus transportation. The postal checking bureau is under the direct supervision of the Ministry.
Immediately after its establishment, the Ministry had control over the postal districts of Prague and