Byline: Stephanie K. Taylor, THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Greenbelt needs volunteers 50 years old and older through June 30 to help conduct surveys about a new assistance in living program for seniors. Call 301/474-8000.
* Alexandria's Sexual Assault Response and Awareness Program needs volunteers to assist with marketing, development and event planning for its annual fund-raising silent auction to be held next April. Call 703/838-5030, Ext. 111. Applications will be accepted through June 27.
* The Literacy Council of Montgomery County seeks volunteer tutors to teach adults reading, writing and conversational English. No foreign language knowledge is necessary. Orientation will be held at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow at the Wheaton Library, 11701 Georgia Ave., Wheaton. Call 301/942-9292.
* Watkins Park Center, 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro, seeks volunteers 18 and older to handle animals, maintain animal dwellings and assist with school groups and special events. Training is provided. Call 301/218-6702.
* The Children's Rights Council is looking for volunteers to participate in an advocacy campaign concerning joint custody, working to change the legal definition of joint custody from 70-30 to 50-50. Call Rod 301/559-3120.
* DC One Church, One Child is searching for adoptive families for children presently in foster care. Call 202/726-4248.
* The Make-A-Wish Foundation seeks volunteers to assist at the Vintage Virginia fund-raiser on June 8 in The Plains, Va. Volunteers are needed to take tickets and distribute wineglasses and other items. Call 301/962-9474.
* Patuxent Rural Life Museums, 1600 Croom Airport Road, Upper Marlboro, need volunteer docents who have an interest in 19th-century farm life to conduct museum tours. Call 301/627-0730.
* Prince George's County seeks adults 60 and older to serve as mentors and tutors for children with special needs. The program provides stipends and transportation. Call 301/985-3534.
* Potomac Community Resources needs volunteers to help the professional music therapist with the NoteAbles Music Enjoyment Group by providing one-on-one help for teens and adults with developmental disabilities. Call 240/777-2600.
* The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services' Victim Assistance and Sexual Assault Program seeks volunteers to provide 24-hour crisis counseling and companion services to victims of rape and assault at Montgomery County hospitals and police stations. …