From 1301 Penn: A Quarterly Report on the National League of Cities' Recent Accomplishments
We helped municipal officials share great ideas by ...
* Hosting the 83rd Annual Congress of Cities and Exposition for more than 5,600 people in Reno, Nev., featuring four general sessions; 42 workshops; more than 375 exhibits; mobile workshops; meetings of NLC's Board,Advisory Council, panels, councils, committees and constituency groups; and formal and informal networking opportunities.
* Providing TV coverage on National City Network of general sessions at the Congress of Cities and conversations with officials about award-winning city projects.
* Convening the first meeting of NLC's new School Improvement Task Force.
* Convening NLC's Council on Youth, Education, and Families (YEF) to discuss President Bart Peterson's media violence initiative and to develop a new strategic plan for NLC's YEF Institute.
* Conducting cross-site meetings for eight cities participating in an afterschool technical assistance project and five cities involved in …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: From 1301 Penn: A Quarterly Report on the National League of Cities' Recent Accomplishments. Contributors: Not available. Magazine title: Nation's Cities Weekly. Volume: 30. Issue: 7 Publication date: February 19, 2007. Page number: 5. © 2009 National League of Cities. COPYRIGHT 2007 Gale Group.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.