Elgin Community College
In a meeting Dec. 9, the Elgin Community College District 509 board of trustees took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the Nov. 11 open session.
* Adopted the 2008 property tax levy totaling $55,659,153.
* Adopted a resolution providing direction to the Cook County clerk under the Property Tax Extension Limitation Law regarding the 2008 property tax levy that any reductions by the clerks office be applied proportionately to the colleges education fund and the operations and maintenance fund and that other funds subject to PTELL remain at the requested amount.
* Amended board policies regarding sexual harassment and budgeting.
* Adopted the 2010-2011 academic calendar.
* Changed the next board meeting date to Jan. 27 and canceled the meetings of Jan. 13 and Feb. 10.
* Contracted with Financial Aid Services of Atlanta, Ga., to provide an assessment of the ECC Financial Aid Office for an amount not to exceed $15,000.
* Expanded a flexible spending account program to permit employees to pay for certain public transportation costs on a pretax basis as per section 125 of the Internal Revenue Service code.
* Approved the ECC 403(b) program, as per IRS regulations.
* Authorized public viewing of minutes of various closed session meetings of the board held in 2008.
* Authorized the destruction of verbatim recordings of various closed session meetings from 2006 and 2007.
* Approved applications for permanent approval of an occupational certificate for massage therapy from noncredit to credit and creation of a new associate of applied science degree in health and wellness management.
* Approved a $15,000 payment to Dr. Lea Campbell for consulting services for the $1.98 million community based job training grant, Pathways to Health Careers Programs.
* Agreed to a salary and benefits schedule for unit adjunct counselors and librarians represented by the Elgin Community College Faculty Association.
* Purchased a lock and keying system for the college from Omni Lock Service of Algonquin for an amount not to exceed $25,000.
* Purchased printing and mailing services of the spring 2008 noncredit class schedule from Warner Offset of South Elgin for $32,218.
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Elgin Community College. Contributors: Not available. Newspaper title: Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL). Publication date: December 23, 2008. Page number: 4. © 2009 Paddock Publications. COPYRIGHT 2008 Gale Group.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.