Police Briefs; Man Says He Was Shot in Foot While Walking in Donner Park
The following is a compilation of reports from Beaches-area police departments:
- A 35-year-old man was shot in the left foot by an unknown gunman as he was walking through Donner Park about 2:25 p.m. Dec. 31 near Donner Road.
The man was walking along the north fence of the baseball field when he heard three popping noises. He stopped, looked down and realized he had been shot in the foot. He flagged down a passing vehicle and the motorist took him to Baptist Medical Center-Beaches.
- A 26-year-old woman fended off a would-be rapist armed with a knife when she was attacked about 2:40 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Sargo Road.
The woman said she was looking for a friend in the 1200 block of Mayport Road when she was approached by a man on a bicycle. The man told her he would help her and lured her to a house on Sargo Road, where he took her to a trailer in the back yard. Then he threw the woman to the ground and demanded sex as he held a knife. The woman got the knife away from the attacker, ran away and called police.
- A 48-year-old woman was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and criminal mischief after attacking a 39-year-old man with a knife about 8:25 p.m. Dec. 29 at a home in the 500 block of Nautical Boulevard North.
The two got into an argument and the woman grabbed a steak knife and cut the man's left hand just above the thumb.
- A 42-year-old woman was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after trying to attack her 50-year-old husband with a paring knife about 3:15 p.m. Dec. 28 outside a home in the 900 block of Plaza Drive.
The two got into an argument and the woman grabbed the knife from the kitchen. She chased the man outside the home and around the house, and neighbors called police.
- A stolen car was recovered after a police chase that ended about 12:34 a.m. Dec. 26 on Cornell Lane near Mayport Road.
An officer saw the 2009 Volks-wagon van at Mayport and Edgar Street. When he approached the van, it sped off down several residential streets east of Mayport, running stop signs. The man stopped the van when he reached a gated apartment complex off Cornell, got out and took off running. The van had been reported stolen from a home on Seabreeze Avenue in Jacksonville Beach.
-A man told police about 3:30 p.m. Monday …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Police Briefs; Man Says He Was Shot in Foot While Walking in Donner Park. Contributors: Not available. Newspaper title: The Florida Times Union. Publication date: January 10, 2009. Page number: Not available. © 2007 The Florida Times-Union. COPYRIGHT 2009 Gale Group.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.