Today in History
TODAY is December 15, the 350th day of 2008. There are 16 days left in the year.
Highlights in history on this date:
* 1640 - The Duke of Braganca is crowned John IV, the first king of Portugal after 60 years of Spanish rule.
* 1806 - Napoleon Bonaparte enters Warsaw, Poland.
* 1939 - The motion picture Gone With the Wind premieres in Atlanta, in the United States.
* 1944 - The plane carrying American band leader Glenn Miller, a US Army Major, disappears over the English Channel, probably the victim of bombs jettisoned from British bombers returning from an unsuccessful raid.
* 1961 - Former Nazi Adolf Eichmann is sentenced to …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Today in History. Contributors: Not available. Newspaper title: The Daily Mercury (Mackay, Australia). Publication date: December 15, 2008. Page number: 9. © 2009 APN Newspapers Pty Ltd. COPYRIGHT 2008 Gale Group.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.