* Two teenage boys hurled two bottles that scratched and dented the rear passenger's-side quarter panel and dented the roof on a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta sedan while the car was traveling west on Central Road at Dryden around 3:30 a.m. July 27. The male driver saw the boys hiding next to a Dumpster at a building on the 1000 block of East Central Road and got out of his car. They ran away.
* Vandals cut a hole in a fence around a swimming pool at an apartment complex on the 1100 block of South New Wilke Road between July 13 and 27. Damage was estimated between $200 and $300. This is the second time in two weeks vandals have damaged the fence.
* Saul Labra, 23, of the 200 block of Tripp Trail, Denton, Texas, was arrested around 2:20 a.m. July 27 at Motel 6, 441 W. Algonquin Road, and charged with criminal damage to property. Officers were called to the motel on a man-with-a-gun call, but no weapons were found. They did find a broken screen in his guest room. His court date is Sept. 10.
* Jaton N. McKinley, 24, of the 8200 block of South Kimbark, Chicago, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. July 26 at Best Buy, 615 E. Palatine Road, and charged with two counts of felony ID theft and three counts of felony misuse of a credit card. She entered the store with two men, but they separated inside. She's accused of then trying to use a credit card to purchase a $1,900 camera, but the transaction was denied. She tried to use another card to purchase an $800 camera. A security agent saw the incident on a videotape. One of the men approached the agent and saw the agent viewing the security tape; he went to the second man, who was standing in the mobile phone department, spoke with him and then left the store. The second man made a legitimate purchase. This man and McKinley were still in the store when officers arrived. They denied knowing each other or the man who had left the store. McKinley held an Ohio driver's license and two credit cards that did not belong to her. She was identified by her firearm owner's ID card.
* Juan Naranjo, 22, of the 4700 block of Arbor Drive, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. July 28 on Algonquin Road at Old Wilke Road and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana. His court date is Sept. 10.
* Elaine Theresa Epp, 35, of the 100 block of Grace Lane, Fox River Grove, was arrested around 6:25 p.m. July 28 in the Des Plaines Library, 1501 E. Ellinwood St., and charged with possession of open alcohol in public after an officer found her sleeping at a table in the lobby; she had an open bottle of vodka in a plastic bag. Her court date is Sept. 7.
* Raudel Sanchez, 24, of the 2000 block of Pine Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:40 p.m. July 27 in a gas station lot at 1990 S. Mannheim Road and charged with battery and criminal damage to property. The victim, Angel Cortez Jr., 27, of the 4100 block of West Melrose, Chicago, was charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. An officer saw Sanchez drive into the lot, get out of his car and punch out the rear driver's-side window on Cortez's 2001 Buick LeSabre parked in the lot. Cortez then began driving through the lot with Sanchez hanging onto the car. During the investigation, the officer searched Cortez and found a small bag of marijuana. Sanchez's court date is Aug. 16; Cortez received a court date of Aug. 19.
* A 71-year-old Mount Prospect man was part of a scam involving $2,900 after he sent money from bogus checks July 21-22 through Western Union to various locations. …