15 Local Young Women Ready to Step in as Fair's Leading Lady
Pohl, Laura Zahn, Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)
Byline: Laura Zahn Pohl Daily Herald Correspondent
The candidates for Miss DuPage County Fair 1996 will be competing Sunday for the honor of being the fair representative.
Here's a brief introduction to the 15 women who are participants in this year's pageant:
- Jen Bolte, Naperville, attends the College of DuPage and plans on becoming a paramedic. Her hobbies include in-line skating and playing hockey. Sponsor: Honda House of Elmhurst.
- Kati Patricia Brenneman, Itasca, graduated from Lake Park High School and will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she plans to major in child psychology and become an attorney in the area of children's rights. Her interests include camping, reading, swimming, running, in-line skating, volleyball and volunteer work. Sponsor: Millie's Pancake Shoppe.
- Kara Hominick, Carol Stream, attends Glenbard North High School and plans a career in radio and television broadcasting. She enjoys cheerleading, reading, shopping and spending time with friends and family. Sponsor: Body Works Ltd.
- Karin Elizabeth Isacsson, Downers Grove, graduated from Downers Grove North High School and will attend College of DuPage this fall. After transferring, she may major in marine biology, teaching or jewelry-making. Her hobbies include making jewelry, synchronized swimming, traveling, playing the violin, band, color guard and bowling. Sponsor: Something Beautiful.
- Annalea Jimmo, West Chicago, attends West Chicago Community High School. She plans to go to college and major in broadcast communications. Her activities include lifeguarding and teaching swimming, color guard captain, student council, speech team, thespian, band/orchestra and dance team. Sponsor: Frank's Wallcoverings.
- Shannon R. Kelly, Downers Grove, is planning to write and direct a feature-length film. After taking a year off from school, she plans to attend Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the fall of 1997. She enjoys traveling, watching movies, reading and race car driving. Sponsor: Radio Active Raceways.
- Michelle C. Kerulis, Roselle, graduated from Lake Park High School and will attend Loyola University in the fall. She will attend Loyola University this fall and hopes to attend medical school in the future. Her hobbies include reading, drawing, in-line skating and working out. Sponsor: Sunray Auto.
- Christine Marie Lewitke, Villa Park, …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: 15 Local Young Women Ready to Step in as Fair's Leading Lady. Contributors: Pohl, Laura Zahn - Author. Newspaper title: Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL). Publication date: July 12, 1996. Page number: 1. © 2009 Paddock Publications. COPYRIGHT 1996 Gale Group.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.