Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral, and Population Sciences Career Development Award. (Fellowships, Grants, & Awards)

Environmental Health Perspectives, December 2001 | Go to article overview
Save to active project

Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral, and Population Sciences Career Development Award. (Fellowships, Grants, & Awards)


The purpose of the Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral, and Population Sciences Career Development Award is to support the career development of investigators who wish to focus their research endeavors on cancer prevention, control, and behavioral and population sciences. This mechanism provides support for 3-5 years of specialized didactic study and mentored research for individuals with a health professional or science doctoral degree who are not fully established investigators. Examples of relevant disciplines for this program announcement (PA) include any aspect of human cancer prevention (modifiable risk factors, new animal models and extrapolation of these models to human cancer, genetic predisposition to cancer and detection of precursor lesions, chemo-prevention trials in human Populations, and behavioral research and behavioral intervention trials in cancer prevention), epidemiology (biochemical, genetic, and molecular), biostatistics, human cancer genetics, clinical oncology, human nutrition, behavioral and social sciences, health promotion, health services and health policy, research, and medical decision analysis, survivorship, and quality of life as they relate to cancer.

The award provides support for up to five consecutive 12-month periods. A minimum of 75% effort must be devoted to the program. The remaining 25% can be divided among other clinical and teaching activities and coursework only if these activities are consistent with the program goals. Both the didactic and research phases of the award are expected to develop necessary knowledge and research skills in scientific areas relevant to the career goals of the candidate in cancer prevention, cancer control, and behavioral and Population sciences research. Candidates lacking skills in data management, statistics, epidemiology, study design, clinical trial design, hypothesis development, etc.

The rest of this article is only available to active members of Questia

Sign up now for a free, 1-day trial and receive full access to:

  • Questia's entire collection
  • Automatic bibliography creation
  • More helpful research tools like notes, citations, and highlights
  • Ad-free environment

Already a member? Log in now.

Notes for this article

Add a new note
If you are trying to select text to create highlights or citations, remember that you must now click or tap on the first word, and then click or tap on the last word.
Loading One moment ...
Project items
Notes
Cite this article

Cited article

Style
Citations are available only to our active members.
Sign up now to cite pages or passages in MLA, APA and Chicago citation styles.

Cited article

Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral, and Population Sciences Career Development Award. (Fellowships, Grants, & Awards)
Settings

Settings

Typeface
Text size Smaller Larger
Search within

Search within this article

Look up

Look up a word

  • Dictionary
  • Thesaurus
Please submit a word or phrase above.
Print this page

Print this page

Why can't I print more than one page at a time?

While we understand printed pages are helpful to our users, this limitation is necessary to help protect our publishers' copyrighted material and prevent its unlawful distribution. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Full screen

matching results for page

Cited passage

Style
Citations are available only to our active members.
Sign up now to cite pages or passages in MLA, APA and Chicago citation styles.

Cited passage

Welcome to the new Questia Reader

The Questia Reader has been updated to provide you with an even better online reading experience.  It is now 100% Responsive, which means you can read our books and articles on any sized device you wish.  All of your favorite tools like notes, highlights, and citations are still here, but the way you select text has been updated to be easier to use, especially on touchscreen devices.  Here's how:

1. Click or tap the first word you want to select.
2. Click or tap the last word you want to select.

OK, got it!

Thanks for trying Questia!

Please continue trying out our research tools, but please note, full functionality is available only to our active members.

Your work will be lost once you leave this Web page.

For full access in an ad-free environment, sign up now for a FREE, 1-day trial.

Already a member? Log in now.

Are you sure you want to delete this highlight?