Hearing Scheduled on Advisory Report / during Council Meeting
Driskill, Matt, THE JOURNAL RECORD
A public hearing to consider the Mayor's Advisory Council report will be held during the Oklahoma City Council meeting Tues day.
The council will hear and consider public comments on the report, which recommends that city officials consider placing several items before city voters to improve the infrastructure of Oklahoma City and to enhance the quality of life.
Some of those measures which the advisory council recommends being placed before voters include:
- An increase in the city's sales tax;
- An increase in the city hotel otel tax;
- The sale of general obligation bonds.
These fund-raising measures would be applied toward several capital improvement projects which the advisory council deemed necessary to attract businesses to Oklahoma City and to enhance the quality of life for residents.
These projects include:
- A $75 million domed stadium to seat about 75,000;
- A $20 million to $30 million baseball stadium;
- Building the necessary facilities to attract the 1989 U.S. Olympic Festival to Oklahoma City for the city's centennial celebration;
- The establishment of a 911 emergency …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Hearing Scheduled on Advisory Report / during Council Meeting. Contributors: Driskill, Matt - Author. Newspaper title: THE JOURNAL RECORD. Publication date: March 4, 1986. Page number: Not available. © 2009 THE JOURNAL RECORD. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All Rights Reserved.