Boone Ellis Named Manager of Gas Sales for Mustang Unit
Robinson, Robin, THE JOURNAL RECORD
Ellis will be in charge of natural gas marketing and sales efforts for Mustang Services Co. and Mustang Production Co.
- The American Institute of Professional Geologists and the Oklahoma City Geological Society are co-sponsoring a seminar titled ""Successful Career Strategies for Oil and Gas Professionals.''
The seminar is open to all professionals in the energy-related sciences who need to learn how to cope with the uncertainty of their industry.
The seminar will offer ways of coping with unemployment, along with guidelines for developing long-term strategies, writing professional resumes and organizing job search campaigns.
The seminar will be conducted by Joy Reed Belt and Associates, Inc., a human resources consulting company.
It will be held from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Holiday Inn Northwest, 3535 NW 39th St. . .
- Lyle G. Bruce and George J. Matetich, Jr., have formed Bruce & Matetich, Inc., with offices at 415 S. Boston Ave., Tulsa. The company intends to generate and drill oil and gas prospects in northwest Oklahoma. Together they have nearly 25 years of experience in oil and gas exploration.
- William M. Hitchcock has moved his New York office. He can be contacted by writing Plains Resources at 717 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, N.Y., 10022.
- Oklahoma Electric Cooperative held its 49th annual meeting Aug. 22 in the Lloyd Noble Center, Norman.
Al Brittain was sworn in as a new cooperative board trustee. He was elected at the District 3 meeting July 31, and will represent 2,300 consumers. Incumbent board members Verle Barnes of Tuttle and Frank Wilson of Norman were also sworn in for another three year term.
Changes in the cooperative's rates were explained by manager Max Meek. Due to lower wholesale power costs from Western Farmers Electric Cooperative, the supplier, rates have been reduced.
- Auction prices on used oilfield equipment may have bottomed-out, and begun to rise, according to Superior Auctioneers and Marketing Inc. …