Six Promoted at Scrivner; Medical Scientists Win Awards
David L. Brumley, Arlyn Lawson and David Richards are the new senior vice presidents.
Brumley is responsible for the firm's human resources department, Larson oversees the corporate management information systems group, and Richards is in charge of the market development department.
Named corporate vice presidents were Bill Denton, Jerry Fratt, and Stan Erikson.
Scrivner Inc. is a distributor of food and related products with 15 wholesale divisions in states east of the Rocky Mountains. . .
- Two medical scientists at OU's Health Science Center have been awarded $2,000 prizes for achievement in original research.
Drs. Robert Blair and Frank Holloway were named recipients of the 1987 Provost Research Awards, presented during a recent ceremony by Provost Clayton Rich, who established them in 1984. . .
- M.E. "Rhett" Ferrell, Jr. has been promoted to vice president, sales, for Norick Data Systems Inc. of Oklahoma City, a national supplier of rating software for the insurance industry.
Previously regional sales manager, Ferrell now serves as the company's liaison and sales manager for its numerous dealers, sales representatives and distributors of NOR-RATE, Norick's commerical lines rating system, marketed in 28 states. . .
- Ask Mr. Foster/Prime Time Travel announces the addition of Dwain K. Wall to their Waterford corporate office as director of marketing and sales.
Wall will primarily be responsible for corporate sales, group marketing and incentive travel. . .
- The appointment of Meridith Dalton as assistant curator to the Oklahoma Museum of Art has been announced by Ann Felton, president of the board of trustees of the museum.
Dalton served the museum as an intern in the summer of 1984, and in 1985 interned with Christie's Fine Art Auctioneers in New York in their Russian department. . .
- This year's election of officers for the Central Oklahoma Society of Radiologic Technologists marks a first for the society and a first for Norman Regional Hospital. All four official posts are filled by Norman Regional Hospital employees.
They are J.R. Smith, president; Brenda Wilson, president-elect; Bonnie Schader, secretary; and Jeff Donathan, treasurer.
In addition, one of the highest honors of the society was awarded to another hospital employee. Kay Maynard, chief technologist, was named Technologist of the Year during the society's recent state meeting. . .
- Susan Morris has been promoted to manager of staff development and services for Weight Watchers of Greater Oklahoma Inc.
Her new position involves overseeing the continuing education, training and recruiting of Weight Watchers Group Leaders.
Mildred Gorrell, in her 15th year with Weight Watchers, has been named classroom operations manager. This position involves the supervision of Area Managers whose staff attend to the needs of Weight Watchers members at traditional group meetings throughout Oklahoma. . .
- Thomas Richards, Edmond, has joined the national office of Express Services, Temporary and Permanent Personnel, as controller, according to Robert A. …