Ken Arbuckle Appointed Director of Association
- Linda C. Haneborg has joined the national headquarters of Express Services, Temporary and Permanent Personnel as assistant director of corporate communications. Haneborg, formerly promotion manager for KGMC-TV in Oklahoma City, will have responsibility for the company's national yellow page program as well as additional duties in the corporate communications department. Her background includes the fields of marketing, advertising, sales and public relations. . .
- Drs.David W. Rader, Andrea L. Key, Gregory A. Parker, Robert W. Nickeson Jr., and Anand Mahajan have joined the staff of the Oklahoma City Clinic.
Rader, specializing in internal medicine, and Key, pediatrics, will practice at the Oklahoma City Clinic South at 6824 S. Western Ave.
Parker, hematology/oncology, and Mahajan, neonatology, will be at the clinic at 701 NE 10th St. in Oklahoma City, and Nickeson, Oklahoma's only practicing pediatric rheumatologist, will be practicing at the Edmond Medical Center and the Oklahoma City location. . .
- Linda McCart has been elected president of The Literacy Coalition of Oklahoma County, the nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing adult literacy services. LaDawna Miller was selected vice president, Ann Marie Shirazi, secretary, and Elberta Steinel, treasurer. The goals for the year include increasing public awareness of the Coalition within the county, increasing communication through information sharing, enhance student services, providing continued support and technical assistance and continuing the implementation of the referral system. . .
- Paul Michael Adkins, Jean Howell, Roxy Merklin, Billy Sacket Jr. and Linda J. Tontz have been chosen finalists for the 1988 Oklahoma Teacher of the Year. Adkins teaches sociology and American history at Moore High School; Howell teaches migrant education at Central Elementary in Frederick; Merklin teaches art at Woodward Junior High School; Sacket teaches science at Chamberlain Middle School in Fairview, and Tontz teaches vocational home economics at Guthrie High School. The Teacher of the Year will be named from the five finalists during a special ceremony Sept. 19 at the State Fair of Oklahoma. The program is in conjunction with the National Teacher of the Year Program sponsored by the Council of Chief State School Officers, Good Housekeeping Magazine and the Encyclopedia Britannica Cos.. . .
- Dr. David L. Salay has been named the new executive director of the Oklahoma Historical Society. Salay comes to Oklahoma from Pennsylvania, where he has been director and curator of the Anthracite Museum Complex for the past eleven years. …