Citizenship, Business Studies and Economics Education: Global and Ethical Perspectives
Carter, Finbarr, Teaching Business & Economics
THE PURPOSE OF THE CONFERENCE WAS;
* To explore the potential role for Business Studies and Economics teachers in delivering the new Citizenship curriculum.
* To illustrate how global and ethical issues can be integrated into the everyday teaching and learning of Business Studies and Economics.
* To increase teachers awareness of global and economic issues.
* To develop strategies to involve students in thinking about matters of equity, fairness and justice.
* To increase knowledge of sources of material and the support structures that exist to assist teachers who wish to develop their teaching in these areas.
The event was attended by …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Citizenship, Business Studies and Economics Education: Global and Ethical Perspectives. Contributors: Carter, Finbarr - Author. Magazine title: Teaching Business & Economics. Volume: 6. Issue: 1 Publication date: Spring 2002. Page number: 32+. © Economics and Business Education Association Spring 2008. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.