Jim Petra and Nancy Petra, False Justice: Eight Myths That Convict the Innocent. Kaplan Publishing. 2011. $24.99. In this book Jim, a former Attorney General of Ohio, and Nancy challenge eight myths of justice: Everyone in prison claims innocence; Our system almost never convicts an innocent person; Only the guilty confess; Wrongful convictions are caused by innocent human error; An eyewitness is the best testimony; Conviction errors get corrected on appeal; It dishonors the victim to question a conviction; and If the justice system has problems, the pros will fix them.
Stephanie L. Kimbro, Virtual Law Practice: How to Deliver Legal Services Online. American Bar Association Law Practice Management Section. 2010. $79.95. The online delivery of legal services is rapidly growing with widespread access to broadband Internet and a recession that has forced the legal profession to rethink their pricing and service delivery models. Virtual Lazo Practice provides detailed information on how to responsibly deliver legal services online to clients and how to successfully operate a virtual law office. Beginning with an overview and explanation of a virtual law office, this guide helps lawyers understand how they can:
* Deliver legal services online to their clients in a responsible manner;
* Set up and operate a successful virtual law office;
* Establish a law practice online through a secure, client-specific portal;
* Manage and market a virtual law practice;
* Comply with state ethics and advisory opinions;
* Find more flexibility and work/life balance in the legal profession. …