* ImagineEasy Solutions, LLC's EasyBib recently released ResearchReady to assist students and educators with research literacy. This cloud-based learning platform lets students independently discover the fundamental skills needed to perform effective, ethical research. The skills set for students include locating relevant information, preventing plagiarism and respecting copyright rules, refining a search strategy, evaluating resources, and citing sources correctly. ResearchReady materials can be integrated into an educator's lesson plan. Source: ImagineEasy Solutions, LLC (easybib.com)
* ProQuest released a revamped ProQuest Congressional with a new technological framework to support exploration and use of congressional content. The bill tracking feature now includes links to other relevant congressional documents. ProQuest rebuilt the core product and six modules with simplicity in mind. Source: ProQuest (proquest.com)
* Serials Solutions, a ProQuest business, partnered with Scientific Electronic Library Online to index its ebook collection in the Summon discovery service. The collection is a combination of open access and commercial ebooks from academic publishers in Brazil and Latin America. A peer-review procedure determined the ebook title selection; the majority of the collection is in the social science and humanities areas. While the initial collection is 250 books, Serials Solutions expects to boost the collection at a rate of 500-1,000 books per year. Source: Serials Solutions (serialssolutions.com)
* Thomson Reuters unveiled a new EndNote iPad app that allows users to view, edit, share, and organize files anytime, anywhere. Users can update, manage, and synchronize in EndNote desktop and EndNote Web with a single click. The app also features a built-in web browser, direct export capacity, and greater functionality for reading and annotating files. In other news, Thomson Reuters and CQ Roll Call will partner to add securities, banking, and energy content exclusively to WestlawNext's soon-to-be-released Practitioner Insights, a new legal current awareness offering from WestlawNext. Source: Thomson Reuters (thomsonreuters.com)
* Elsevier B.V. recently launched Global Food Security, a new review journal focusing on food and nutritional needs. The journal, which will be available on ScienceDirect, addresses the economic, social, biophysical, technological, and institutional factors that affect food safety. In other news, Knovel, an Elsevier company, added Engineering Management & Leadership materials to its portfolio. The subject matter will include the necessary soft skills to rally support for projects and tools to help users become effective leaders. Source: Elsevier B.V. (elsevier.com)
* SAGE Publications discounted the article processing charge (APC) for authors in SAGE Open. To encourage social science and humanities authors, the new APC price will be $99 per article. A survey revealed that 70% of accepted authors usually pay their …
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Article title: Product News. Contributors: Not available. Magazine title: Information Today. Volume: 30. Issue: 3 Publication date: March 2013. Page number: 30+. © 2009 Information Today, Inc. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.