* CARRIER DOVE, THE. Atwill. New York. 1836 An Admired Ballad. Sung with great Applause at Niblo's Garden by Miss Watson. Composed and arranged for the Piano Forte. By D. Johnson . Price 50 Cts. Lith: Bufford. [n. art.] 6 pp., pp. 2 and 6 blank; pp. 3, 4, 5 incorrectly numbered.
Illustration: Carrier dove with sealed letter tied around neck, flying over view of lower New York, Brooklyn, and the bay.
* CASTLE GARDEN MARCH. E. Riley. New York. [after 1819] Arranged for the piano forte.  pp., p. 4 blank. [n. engraver.]
Illustration: Possibly the first view of Castle Garden, N. Y. in any form.
* CASTLE GARDEN SCHOTTISCH. Jaques & Brother. New York. 1852 Lith: G. W. Lewis. [n. art.] 38 cts nett. 8 pp., pp. 2, 7 and 8 blank, pp. 3, 4, 5, 6 incorrectly numbered. Cover printed sideways. Lower right margin p. 6: G. W. Ackerman, Eng. & Pr.
Illustration: Very fine view of Castle Garden, N. Y.
* CROTON WATER CELEBRATION. J. F. Atwill. New York. 1842 [Words by Geo. P. Morris. Music arranged and adapted by Sidney Pearson .] [n. lith. n. art.]  pp., poem on p. 6.
Illustration: Cover printed sideways. View of 1842 celebration to commemorate opening of the Croton Acqueduct--soldiers, firemen and fire engine in parade around City Hall Park, N. Y.
* LIGHT MAY THE BOAT ROW. Atwill. New York. 1836 [Copyright] Entered . . . 1836 by John Watson. . . .
Duett. Sung with the most enthusiastic applause by Mrs. and Miss Watson At the Park Theatre Concerts &c. Written by Jonas B. Phillips, Esqre. The music arranged from a Northumbrian Melody, the additions & accompaniments composed and respectfully dedicated to the Amateur Boat Association by J. Watson. This celebrated melody has been sung by the above Ladies in London, Dublin, Edinburg, Paris,
Questia, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning. www.questia.com
Publication information: Book title: Early American Sheet Music:Its Lure and Its Lore, 1768-1889. Contributors: Harry Dichter - Author, Elliott Shapiro - Author. Publisher: R.R. Bowker Co.. Place of publication: New York. Publication year: 1941. Page number: 58.
This material is protected by copyright and, with the exception of fair use, may not be further copied, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.