Sowing Chaos: Libya in the Wake of Humanitarian Intervention

Sowing Chaos: Libya in the Wake of Humanitarian Intervention

Sowing Chaos: Libya in the Wake of Humanitarian Intervention

Sowing Chaos: Libya in the Wake of Humanitarian Intervention

Synopsis

In early 2011, Libya came under attack. The anti-Libya coalition included France, the United Kingdom, the feudal Gulf monarchies, the United States and other NATO countries. Although during the previous months, Muammar Qaddafi had visited the nations of Europe where he was welcomed as the head of a friendly State, the United Nations swiftly approved the coalition-sponsored U-turn, undertaken in the guise of humanitarian intervention to protect the Libyan people. Qaddafi was branded "a bloodthirsty, crazed dictator", intending and carrying out war crimes to suppress a legitimate domestic revolt. This narrative was part of a larger-scale Western strategy adopted to redesign the entire Middle East in accordance with its interests.Immediately after the start of the NATO campaign of airstrikes, Paolo Sensini visited Tripoli as a member of the "Fact Finding Commission on the Current Events in Libya". He then wrote a fully detailed account of the real reasons for the attack on Libya, and the outcome. This book outlines the historical background of the last hundred years and more, from the main phases of the Italian military occupation (1911-1943) to the dramatic events of our own times, including an account of the post-war monarchy and Qaddafi's rise to power, the airstrikes on Tripoli and Benghazi ordered by Reagan in 1986, and the Lockerbie affair. Sensini exposes the falsehoods propagated in 2011 of the alleged "mass graves" and "10,000 deaths". He takes a close look at the "rebels in Benghazi" - goaded on by Islamic fundamentalists but organised, armed and financed by the West. The "rebels" provided the pretexts that West needed for approval of UN Resolution 1973 -- the 'humanitarian' myth of "responsibility to protect" (R2P). This criminal intervention devastated Libya, unleashing chaos and a civil war unlikely to cease in the near future. Sensini addresses what has followed in its wake: the 11 September 2012 murder of American Ambassador Chris Stevens, the role of Hillary Clinton, and the plight of untold waves of migrants seeking to flee the continental chaos that R2P has unleashed, resulting in thousands of deaths and drownings across the Mediterranean, and the potential destabilization of European states struggling to cope with the mass influx.

Excerpt

The 80-20 Rule

In an extremely important and revealing speech before Stanford University Business School graduate students, former World Bank director James Wolfensohn spoke to the 80–20 rule he grew up with. He said that all of his life, he had the 80–20 rule tucked neatly in his back pocket, so that no matter where he went in the world, he was able to enjoy the privileges of this rule. The rule, quite simply, was that 80% of the world’s GDP was to be enjoyed by approximately 1 billion people while the rest of humanity had to get by on the remaining 20%. All of the world’s institutions were created to reflect that fact. Therefore, whether it is the United Nations, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, or any other multilateral institution established by the United States in conjunction with the world’s former colonizers, the 80-20 rule must be kept in mind.

The 80-20 rule merely extended and institutionalized into the post-colonial period the global economic imbalances caused by colonialism. Wolfensohn’s 80–20 rule is a nice way of saying that the world is an apartheid world with the former colonizers, in league with the United States, in charge.

“Western European/US-style “White” supremacy is quite evident when one travels around the world as I do. Much of Russian history consists of trying to prove to its Western European cousins that it truly is “European,” but the Russians could never be accepted into the club on Russian terms. Turks were ready . . .

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.