This is the 81st annual report of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). This report summarizes ACPE's activities covering the period January 23, 2011 to January 22, 2012, and is available to the profession and to the general public.
In 2011, the ACPE Board and Staff successfully undertook their responsibilities and advanced various aspects of the existing strategic plan. The following highlighted the ACPE year.
ACPE BOARD AND OFFICERS
The 2011-2012 ACPE officers (appointing organization in parentheses) were: President Heidi M. Anderson, PhD, Interim Vice President for Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness and Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs, University of Kentucky (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, AACP); Vice President Robert S. Beardsley, RPh, PhD, Professor, Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy (AACP); and Secretary/ Treasurer Michael A. Mone, RPh, JD, FAPhA, Vice President Anti-Diversion & Supply, Chain Integrity & Sr., Regulatory Counsel, Healthcare Supply Chain Services, Cardinal Health (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, NABP). These officers had served in the same offices in 2010-2011 and were re-elected at the January 2011 ACPE Board of Directors meeting.
Other Board Members: Barbara G. Burch, MS, EdD, Provost Emeritus, Western Kentucky University (American Council on Education, ACE); Bruce Canaday, PharmD, Chairman Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (American Pharmacists Association, APhA); Stephanie F. Gardner, PharmD, EdD, Dean, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy (AACP); Dennis McAllister, RPh, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Medco Health Solutions (NABP); Warren A. Narducci, PharmD, FAPhA, Pharmacy Manager, Hy-Vee Pharmacy (APhA); and Donna S. Wall, PharmD, BCPS, FASHP, Clinical Pharmacist, Indiana University Health at Indiana University Hospital (NABP). Michael Cinque resigned from the Board in 2011 and Anthony Provenzano, PharmD, Director, Clinical Programs, SUPERVALU[R] Pharmacies, Inc., was appointed by APhA to complete his term.
CONTINUING PHARMACY EDUCATION (CPE) COMMISSION
The CPE Commission met at ACPE on May 10-12, 2011, and again on November 15-17,2011. The appointed members of the Commission, the officers, and their affiliations were:
* Carol Abel (Food Marketing Institute)
* Mary-Anne Benedict, MSN, RN (VA New England Health Care System)
* Stephen Caiola, MS (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Pharmacy)
* Janet Cline, RPh (Creative Educational Concepts, Inc.)
* Jeannine Dickerhofe, RPh, MS (Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado Department of Pharmacy)
* Kristin Janke, PhD (University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy)
* John Clay Kirtley, PharmD (Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy)
* Scott Meyers, RPh, MS, FASHP (Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists)
* Jennifer Moulton, RPh (Collaborative Education Institute), and
* Timothy Welty, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS (University of Kansas School of Pharmacy).
Board Member, Warren Narducci was elected by his peers to serve as the ACPE Board Liaison to the Commission in 2011. The Commission receives staff support from the ACPE CPE staff. Commission Officers for 2011 were Chair Scott Meyers and Vice Chair Jennifer Moulton. Officers for 2012 are Chair--Jennifer Moulton and Vice Chair Timothy Welty.
The ACPE International Commission held its inaugural meeting at ACPE on April 11-12, 2011; the second meeting was held on November 21-22, 2011. The individuals appointed to serve on the transitional Commission were:
* Robert S. Beardsley, RPh, PhD, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
* Bruce Canaday, PharmD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
* William A. …