Call to Order
Chair David Zgarrick (Northeastern) called the meeting to order at 1:30pm in the East Tower, Grand Ballroom A-C North of the Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel in Chicago, Illinois on Monday, July 15,2013. Immediately following the Call to Order, Chair Zgarrick introduced the COF Administrative Board: Ginger Scott (Immediate Past Chair; West Virginia), Jennifer Trujillo (Secretary; University of Colorado), Robin Zavod (Chair-elect; Midwestern-Chicago), and Cecilia Plaza (AACP representative).
Preliminary Quorum Committee Report
Quorum committee members, Betsy Blake (South Carolina), Jeff Cain (Kentucky), and Amy Franks (Arkansas), reported that 42 institutional members were needed for a quorum and roughly 30 regular institutional members of the Association were present, not constituting a quorum.
Report of the Chair
Chair Zgarrick welcomed members and recognized and thanked those who served on committees and task forces on behalf of the COF. He thanked everyone who contributed to the work done by the COF this year, particularly the chairs of the committees and task forces. He thanked the COF administrative board members and Cecilia Plaza in particular. He highlighted the following changes that have been made this year. First, for the AACP Interim Meetings, starting in 2014, the COF Business Meeting will become the COF Forum. We will not conduct official COF business at those meetings. Next, the Teachers Seminar held every year at the AACP Annual Meeting will now be administered by the COF, starting in 2014. Next, the descriptions of the COF officer responsibilities are posted on the COF website. Lastly, there is a new AFPE Executive Director, Ellen Woods.
Report of the Secretary
Jennifer Trujillo reported that the minutes of the 2013 COF Interim Business Meeting held on February 12, 2013 in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico and the 2012 COF Annual Business Meeting held on July 16, 2012 in Kissimmee, Florida are both available via download from the COF webpage under governance on the AACP website. She also reported that the committee reports for this meeting as well as the Report of the Chief Science Officer Vincent Lau are all available on the COF webpage. After the quorum committee confirmed that a quorum had been met, the minutes were received and approved.
Report on Board of Directors' Activities from COF Immediate Past Chair
Ginger Scott presented highlights of the Board of Directors (BOD) meeting. Issues discussed included:
1. The Board approved the University of North Texas into associate level of institutional membership. The House accepted the Board's membership resolution Sunday morning.
2. The Board affirmed support of a "Leave a Legacy" campaign proposed by the Development Officers SIG to encourage planned giving at the college and school level. The SIG has established a working group to further develop the campaign and schools will receive materials from AACP later this year.
3. The IOM Fellowship funding campaign continues. We are most appreciative of the 45-50 schools that voluntarily added a contribution to the fellowship fund to their 2013 institutional dues payment. Forms to donate are available at the Registration desk.
4. The CAPE 2013 Educational Outcomes were released today at a standing room only session as well as on the AACP website. Kudos to the entire CAPE Panel and especially Chair Dr. Melissa Medina for this significant contribution to pharmacy education.
5. ACPE provided an update from their June Board meeting. There are 130 colleges and schools of pharmacy with some level of accreditation: 114 with full status, 15 candidate schools, and 1 pre-candidate school. Updates were provided on the release of the new CAPE 2013 Educational Outcomes and the timeline for the ACPE Standards revision. AACP will be conducting a survey of schools later this year to provide thoughtful input to ACPE on areas to consider for improving the administration of all aspects of program accreditation, including recommendations for AAMS, self-studies and site visits. …