Magazine article Techniques
Business Education Division Report: Mission and Purpose of the Division
The mission Of the ACTE Business Education Division is to provide support and information for business education programs in preparing people for the international and domestic workforce, furthering education, and understanding She American and global economic systems. The purpose is as follows:
1. Promote high professional standards among the membership;
2. Promote career and technical education, emphasizing the role of business education;
3. Promote the total concept of education for and about business;
4. Disseminate information relating to the activities of ACTE and ACTE/BE;
5. Encourage interrelati0nships among agencies, organizations, and institutions in business education;
6. Encourage interrelationships between business education and other agencies, organizations, and institutions;
7. Encourage the development of leadership in business education;
8. Provide professional growth for al entities within ACTE/BE;
9. Promote the development of basic skills in business education programs;
10. Support the co-curricular career and technical education student organizations.
The affiliate structure of the Business Education Division for ACTE is as follows:
NACEBE: The National Association of Classroom Educators of Business Education is a professional Organization that is specifically involved with problems and concerns of classroom educators. It was founded several years ago by teachers to combine the talents of al persons associated with the classroom function of business education. Its membership includes both secondary and postsecondary educators. It is the intent and purpose of NACEBE to develop the business education area for the common good of all vocational-technical education.
The purpose of NACEBE is to promote, develop and upgrade business education throughout the United States and surrounding territories; to promote the purposes of ACTE and ACTE/Business Education Division; and to cooperate with other divisions and organizations to prepare students for the workplace. …