Magazine article The Futurist
World Future Society
The World Future Society is a nonprofit educational and scientific organization chartered in the District of Columbia, U.S.A., and is recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt organization. The Society has about 25,000 members and subscribers in 80 nations.
* The Futurist: A magazine published bimonthly, covering trends, forecasts, and ideas about the future.
* Futures Research Quarterly: A professional journal for researchers and practitioners taking the long view, with articles on forecasting, assessment, planning, early warning, etc.
* Future Survey: A unique 24-page monthly newsletter describing and commenting on 50 of the most significant current books, reports, and articles concerning trends, forecasts, and policy proposals.
* Futurist Update: An electronic newsletter available monthly to all members, covering a range of future-oriented news and useful links.
* Future Times: An occasional tabloid newspaper distributed to all members, providing information about Society activities.
ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES
* Conferences: The Society holds at least one major conference per year, to which all Society members are invited. Most conferences cover a wide range of topics related to the future. Most conferences are in the United States, but the Society has also held meetings in Canada and Austria.
* Chapters: Society chapters are active in a number of U.S. cities, such as Chicago, Washington, and Atlanta, and in more than two dozen countries. …