Magazine article American Libraries
Petition Candidates Seek Council Posts
In addition to the candidates for ALA Council listed in the December 2005 American Libraries (p. 9), 24 individuals have petitioned to be included on the ballot. According to ALA's Governance Officer, petition candidates are:
* Rosie L. Albritton, director, university library, John B. Coleman Library, Prairie View A & M University, Texas.
* Cheryl A. Bernero, branch manager, El Paso (Tex.) Public Library.
* Arlene C. Bielefield, School of Communication, Information, and Library Science, Connecticut State University, New Haven.
* Elizabeth E. Bingham, head of adult services (retired), East Raton Rouge (La.) Parish Library.
* Katherine (Kate) Corby, reference librarian, Michigan State University, East Lansing.
* David L. Easterbrook, curator, Northwestern University Library, Evanston, Illinois.
* Ann Dutton Ewbank, Phoenix, Arizona.
* Carolyn L. Garnes (retired), literacy and reading consultant, Fairburn, Georgia.
* Carolyn P. Giambra, trustee, Williamsville Central Schools, Buffalo, New York.
* Michael A. Golrick, city librarian, Bridgeport (Conn.) Public Library.
* Rochelle L. Hartman, librarian, Bloomington (Ill.) Public Library.
* Dora T. Ho, program specialist, Los Angeles Public Library.
* Patricia M. Hogan, administrative librarian, Poplar Creek Library, Streamwood, Illinois.
* Dennis J. LeLoup, media specialist, Sycamore Elementary School, Avon, Indiana. …