Magazine article American Libraries
ALA Councilors Elected
Thirty-four members have been elected to Council for three-year terms (34 for 2008-11 and one for 2008-09) in results announced May 2. Elected councilors and vote totals are:
* Nancy H. Allen, dean and director, Penrose Library, University of
* Monika J. Antonelli, reference librarian, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 3,204.
* Kathleen E. Bethel, African American studies libraian, Notthwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 3,175.
* Mary Biblo, retired, Stony Brook, New York, 3,338.
* Christopher F. Bowen, director, Downers Grove (Ill.) Public Library, 3,069.
* Diedre Conkling, director, Lincoln County Library District, Newport, Oregon, 3,757.
* Trevor A. Dawes, circulation services director, Princeton (N.J.) University Library, 3,181.
* Aaron W. Dobbs, electronic resources and systems librarian, Lehman Memorial Library, Shippensburg (Pa.) University of Pennsylvania, 3,068.
* Linda Friel, retired, Groveland, Massachusetts, 3.076.
* Carrie Gardner,,assistant professor, library science and instructional technology, Kutztown (Pa.) University, 3,314.
* Barbara Genco, director, collection development, Brooklyn (N.Y.) Public Library, 3,619.
* Susan F. Gregory, branch manager, Norman (Okla.) Public Library, 3,122.
* Delores D. Gwaltney, media specialist, Lee M. Thurston High School, Redford, Michigan, 3,290.
* Marilyn L. Hinshaw, executive director, Eastern Oklahoma District Library, Muskogee, 3,306.
* Carol Ann Hughes, associate university librarian, public services, University of California at Irvine Libraries, 3,589.
* Ling Hwey Jeng, director, School of Library and Information Studies, Texas Woman's University, Denton, 3,395.
* Wei Jeng-Chu, technology division head, Worcester (Mass. …