* Lydia Acosta, director of East Baton Rouge (La.) Public Library, has resigned to become vice president of information services and university librarian at Nova South-eastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Floridia
* Marjorie Baker has been promoted to assistant director for human resources and union relation at Stark county (Ohio) District Library.
* Ocean County (N.J.) Library has promoted Valerie Bell to assistant director of public services.
* Don Boozer has been appointed statewide coordinator for the State Library of Ohio's Know It Now virtual reference services.
* Edith Wheeler Memorial Library in Monroe, Connecticut, has promoted Margaret Borchers to director.
* Jan Buvinger has retired as director of Charleston County (S.C.) Public Library.
* Georgia Public Library Service has named Pat Carterette director of continuing education.
* In June, Christian Dupont steps down as director of the University of Virginia's special collections library in Charlot-tesville to become diretor of the Aeon Program for Atlas Systems.
* Elizabeth Elder became director of Salt Lake City Public Library April 28.
* April 1 Janet L. Flowers retired as head of acquisitions at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
* Stark County (Ohio) District Library has appointed Rebecca Hartmann as circulation services manager.
* Deborah L. Jacobs will leave her position as city librarian at Seattle Public Library July 2 to become deputy director for the Global Libraries initiative at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation August 10.
* Beth Ann Koelsch has been appointed curator of the Women Veterans Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
* Chung-Hei Lone has joined Montclair (N.J.) State University as head of multimedia resources.
* July 1 Charles B. Lowry, currently dean of libraries at the University of Maryland at College Park, will become executive director of the Association of Research Libraries.
* Kitty Lyons retired as children's services manager at Westport (Conn.) Public Library April 25.
* April 30 Ellen Marks stepped down as director of Wayne State University's Shiffman Medical Library to join the university's Library and Information Science Program faculty.
* Stark County (Ohio) Public Library has promoted Patty Marsh to branch services manager.
* July 7 Ann Miller becomes head of metadata services and digital projects at the University of Oregon in Eugene.
* January 21 Juliane Morian was promoted to associate director of Clinton-Macomb (Mich.) Public Library.
* Karen Munro will become head of the University of Oregon at Portland library and learning commons June 9.
* Ruth O'Donnell has stepped down as executive director of the Florida Library Association to become a library consultant.
* The American Theological Library Association promoted Diane Pugh to manager of preservation projects April 3.
* Thomas Raines has been appointed executive director of Charleston County (S.C.) Public Library.
* January 28 Sean Reinhart joined Hayward (Calif.) Public Library as supervising librarian for adult services, collections, and literacy.
* The Florida Library Association has appointed Faye Roberts as executive director.
* Rebecca Taylor has retired as branch manager of St. Tammany Parish (La.) Library.
* Andeberhan Tensae became associate director for branch services at Johnson County (Kans.) Library in March.
* Edlyn Theiss has been promoted to associate director for public services at Stark County (Ohio) District Library. …