Magazine article American Libraries
Book Review Digest Retrospective: 1905-1982
Search seamlessly with Book Review Digest for more than a century of literary criticism!
"A giant ten. I love this file and so will researchers. ... an essential acquisition for every public, academic, and research library."
"User-friendly. ... Recommended."
Including nearly eight decades of indexing from H.W. Wilson's Book Review Digest, Book Review Digest Retrospective: 1905 - 1982 provides excerpts from and citations to reviews of adult and juvenile fiction and nonfiction. A unique research tool, Book Review Digest Retrospective helps researchers locate criticism of hundreds of thousands of books (and the ideas therein) from the time of their debut.
* Covers over 300,000 books.
* Cites over 1.5 million book reviews.
* Master records deliver in-depth bibliographic information about each book, valuable for collection development and maintenance.
* Virtually every book has at least one substantial review excerpt (up to 500 words), most have at least two, and many books have several review excerpts for a complete picture of how the book was received at the time it was published.
* Accurate, detailed indexing of over 500 key popular and academic journals as well as library review media.
* Library holdings indicator links to your OPAC to let users know if they'll find reviewed books on your shelves.
* Search simultaneously with Book Review Digest Plus for more than a century of book summaries, review excerpts, and citations to reviews.
* Search on the names of book reviewers for a wealth of reviews, with excerpts by such famous writers as Edmund Wilson, John Updike, and hundreds of others.
Also Available ...
Book Review Digest Plus
* Retrieve book summaries, bibliographic data, full-text reviews, review excerpts, or basic citations. …