Magazine article American Libraries
Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective: 1907-1984: Save Time, Effort, and Shelf Space
A rich record of artistic, cultural, and social movements, critical response and backlash, as well as historical impact, Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective: 1907-1984 is a versatile resource no center of learning should be without.
Find information across a broad range of subject areas--from folk music to photography, labor issues to language development, and censorship to Shakespeare. Humanities & Social Science Index Retrospective: 1907-1984 allows you to search a wide range of important literature in the humanities and social sciences as far back as 1907. Combine this valuable resource with Humanities Full Text and/or Social Sciences Full Text for a century of research in hundreds of journals.
With its astounding breadth and depth, Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective: 1907-1984 makes important periodicals in your collection more accessible--and valuable--to researchers.
* High-quality Wilson indexing of nearly 1,200 periodicals as far back as 1907.
* Citations to more than 1,300,000 articles, including over 240,000 book reviews, and many peerreviewed articles.
* The most important scholarly journals published throughout the 20th century in North America and Europe.
* In addition to coverage of the entire range of the humanities and social sciences for nearly a century, the database covers many important scientific journals through the 1950's.
* Updated, uniform subject headings allow you to search using familiar, contemporary terms-over 850,000 subject terms have been updated. …