Magazine article American Libraries
Short Story Index Retrospective: 1915-1983
First stop for locating more than 150,000 short stories!
"Highly recommended to libraries of all types."
--American Reference Books Annual, on Short Story Index
Revitalize your investment in serials and anthologies
For the reader seeking short fiction by a favorite author, the teacher looking for the quintessential example of a particular genre, or the student researching the body of work of a literary figure, this is a one-of-a-kind tool. Short Story Index Retrospective brings your library valuable data you'll find in few other single reference sources--bibliographic entries on more than 150,000 short stories published over 150 years--content from the acclaimed Short Story Index back to its beginning in 1915.
* Cites short stories published from the 1830s to the 1980s.
* Sources include some 350 periodicals and collections of short stories.
* Search by author, title, keyword, source, date, and subject.
* Entries feature links to other works by the author and other stories in the source collection.
In-depth subject indexing helps you find stories by:
* Topics and themes (e.g. Fathers and Daughters, Football)
* Locales where the story takes place, cities, states, regions, countries (e.g. India, Southern States, Rocky Mountains)
* Genre (e.g. Dialect stories, Legends and Folk Tales, Science Fiction)
* People (Names of Individuals, Peoples, and Professions that the stories are about, e. …