Magazine article Marketing
Brand Manager of the Week: Shelly Byrne, Brand and Ecommerce Manager, Financial Times
- Describe yourself in three words.
Decisive, approachable and determined.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
A crime scene investigator. I don't like to miss an episode of Crimewatch.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Get as much experience as you can across the disciplines of marketing before specialising.
- What attracted you to your current job?
My role is constantly evolving, so I tend to work on different areas of marketing depending on the needs of the business, which is great. I never get bored.
- What was your first job?
My first job out of university was as PA to the global HR director at the Financial Times, which gave me the opportunity to move internally over time.
- How did you get your first job?
I went through a recruitment agency. When I got the job, my manager said I reminded her of her younger self.
- What was your finest hour?
I would say it was getting my job at the FT within two months of leaving university, especially when a lot of my friends were struggling to get anything.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why? …