Magazine article Black Issues in Higher Education

Grants & Awards

Magazine article Black Issues in Higher Education

Grants & Awards

Article excerpt

* Rice University has received a $1.475 million matching grant to fund three postdoctoral fellowships in the humanities and associated social sciences. The positions will be located in the university's Center for the Study of Cultures.

* Virginia Union University has received a $1 million grant from the Lilly Endowment/United Negro College Fund Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program. The award supports student scholarships, endowment, and faculty development. The university has received 75 percent of the award and will receive the remaining 25 percent when it raises an equal amount in matching funds from private sources.

* Voorhees College has received $950,000 from the Lilly Endowment-United Negro College Fund Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program. The award supports construction of the college's campus and community-based conference center that will also serve as a student/faculty dining hall. Voorhees also has received 75 percent and will receive 25 percent when it raises an equal amount in matching funds from private sources.

* Rutgers University-Newark has received $280,000 from the Lucent Technologies Foundation to operate a summer institute for Malcolm X Shabazz High School students enrolled in Lucent's Project GRAD program. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.