Magazine article Security Management
SECURITY FORCE MANAGEMENT
June 16 - 18, Alexandria, VA
Fees: $650 ASIS Members; $810 Nonmembers
Today, risks that were previously considered minimal, or theoretical at best, have become part of the new reality in security programs. You now need to address these increased concerns and develop or revise your programs to provide more comprehensive policies, procedures, and strategies. This updated presentation will help you, whether you are a new or experienced manager, to examine established as well as new, real-world practices you can utilize. Learn from experts specializing in human resources, legal/liability, motivational application, outsourcing, finance, and personnel management. You'll also have plenty of time to share experiences with your peers.
How you will benefit:
* Discover fresh approaches and strategies to apply to every facet of your existing security force program to improve consistency and effectiveness.
* Learn how to balance budgetary concerns with reasonable expectations of security performance.
* Heighten your awareness of potential "hidden" risks within your own program and find alternatives to address these issues.
* Update your working knowledge of the intricacies of managing programs and personnel in today's complex environment.
* Develop techniques to communicate effectively with your subordinates, peers, management, and other support functions to improve cooperation and efficiency.
GAMING SECURITY AND SURVEILLANCE
September TBD, Las Vegas, NV
As today's gaming properties face an expanding level of external and internal cheating, theft, and fraud, the demands placed upon security and surveillance departments increase daily. By staying on top of technological advances, your ability to perform your duties efficiently and effectively increases. This focused program examines a full spectrum of issues critical to combating and reducing external and internal criminal activity and losses, thereby adding value to the company's bottom line. Sponsored by the ASIS Gaming and Wagering Protection Council.
How you will benefit:
* Explore the latest security and surveillance technologies and learn how they can help you enhance job performance and security operations. …